Yes! Close to two years later, that’s when I started this blog and the barn adventure, I have a floor finally! All the floorboards are in place, much more work than I anticipated. No board was straight so I had to push them together as hard as I could while at the same time drill it in. I’ve filled in tiny holes and blemishes with spackel, oiled it and tomorrow I will use soap. I’ve read a lot and people say many different things about what’s the best way to treat a wooden floor. I reckon the oil will be a good start and then when I use soap it will with time build up and make the floor harder and more resistant. Since people will walk on it with their shoes on it’s not staying spotless. Now I have to start planning the opening night!
I have also started to paint the fence. The green paint I chose is rather too green for my liking but I am using it anyways. It will mellow a bit being rained on and if I don’t like it I can always re-paint it. I’m planning on painting all the bits before assemblering. There is a lot of littel things still not decided on though. Where to put the gate, use thicker gate-posts or not, gate to look the same as the fence etc etc. I guess I’ll just put it together and then I can always change something later. Reading my builders book with fresh confidence there are so many things I plan to build! The hens are getting braver and today they loved the sunshine, sunbathing most of the time but everytime they see me they come running up going ”baaaaaeee, caaackkkaaaaa, kluck kluck. Digging up most of my springflowers, that’s the reason I’m hurring the fence.